Friday, May 29, 2009

Lil Bean ultrasound

Well needless to say this was not exactly as we'd hoped...the Dr was probing around looking at my ovaries and my lady junk, all the while I was in search of that lil itty bitty heart and there it was, unmistakable! However, the Dr says the gestational sac is malformed, the baby is measuring at 6 weeks and the heartbeat is 96 but should be over 100. I oscillate from panic to being ok. Although my dates are correct, I didn't use an ovulation kit this cycle and therefore we could have ovulated later than I thought, which would account for the bean measuring small (and then again, has anyone seen Russ and I-we certainly aren't going to create the largest child ♥). The heartbeat 'should' be 100 per my Dr, however, the American Pregnancy Association declares that a normal heartbeat at 6-7 weeks gestation is 90-114...that puts us in the 'normal' range. As for the abnormal sac shape that's the scary part. Although in my research I have found that it's not uncommon for women to find a week or so later that the sac has resumed normal shape and the pregnancy proceeds without complications. At this point it is out of our hands and I'm concentrating on staying relaxed and stress free. I can still see that lil tiny heart beating and until it ceases to do so, I will plan to meet this lil bean in January 2010 ♥♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment