After a grueling night of little sleep sprinkled with nightmares...my appointment time finally arrived. I sat in the waiting room for 15min (I showed up very early)...then was finally escorted to the exam room. I've come to know the nurses there so well and everybody was looking at me and showing me crossed fingers and wishing me the best. Got into the room, only to be left alone to strip down and wait..I waited for what seemed like forever but was actually probably less than 5min. Dr Soules enters, gives me a hug and says "well, looks like you didn't like all my medications and decided to do this natural.....and by the way, you look scared to death...", he was right there! So, let the exam begin...generally the Dr looks at the uterine lining, each ovary and then heads to the gestational sac and measures that then looks for a heartbeat...thank gawd, this time he said, "lets take a gander over here"...and there it was, clear as day...the most wonderful heartbeat ever!!! After all the measuring was done, he came up with me being 6 weeks 3 days (exactly what my dates show) and a heart beat of 115, perfect!! Of course, I was bawling!
I will go back in one week, on May 11th - we'll again look for a heart beat and make sure that Baby H is growing as should be. It's going to be a long week but I'm certainly feeling better after this morning!
WOW----------maybe I AM going to be a NANA again---I feel your joy, happiness, enthusiasm, relief and some worry.
ReplyDeleteI love you my daughter and I want the very BEST for you. Keeping my fingers crossed that your heart's desire will be totally fulled.
Mom