Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Update...46XX + 21

It's been a rough couple of weeks, one filled with anger, sadness and frustration...I just don't get how there are people that don't have homes, can't afford themselves let alone new babies, are abusive, use drugs etc...having babies left and right and yet, I'm denied this opportunity!  It feels so unfair! 

We got the results of the "fetal DNA" back and my heart broke yet again...it's a girl...a sweet precious baby girl; a girl is so much what Russ had longed for...but...this little girl was unfortunate enough to have one too many chromosomes and had Down Syndrome (Trisomy 21).  She simply wasn't strong enough to make it into this world; a world that would have been filled with medical issues and possible painful procedures and a world that would have ridiculed her for being less than perfect.  Nature did what was best and I do feel better knowing that at least my body wasn't simply killing off another "healthy" baby...but the pain is still very real as was this little girl.  Good bye my little Grace ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment