Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Met my OB today........

.......and I LOVE him!!!  The nurse and the Dr are just awesome!!  It's a small office with only two Dr's - not the big huge corporate conglomeration that I've encountered now that I'm in the "city"...this office has a very small town feel to it.  I'll have a scheduled C-section and the Dr said he'll do it any day during the week of my due date and  yes, he'll even deliver the baby on Christmas day if that's what I want!   Today was just the basic exam, blood work, peeing in a cup, weight (I've lost 5lbs - ooops) and question and answer session - Dr Rogers actually spent over 30min answering all my questions and said that I've earned the right to be neurotic so "feel free".

Next step:

I'll have the results from my blood work in a couple of days...these are basic blood tests that I've really already had - so I'm not too anxious to get them back as they are nothing new...with the exception of the Thyroid test, which needs to be monitored closely.  Once these results are back I'll be calling to make the appointment for my NT scan and triple screen.   This ultrasound will test for chromosomal issues and put me in a "risk" category - if this test comes out low risk, Russ and I, and the Dr have agreed not to move forward with CVS or Amnio as the risk of fetal loss is just too great.

No comments:

Post a Comment